Tuesday, October 6, 2009

what's with the chicken soup poems?

Terra got this in the mail today.

Dear Terra,
We always love seeing your smiling face every morning. You are doing a great job learning our classroom rules and routines! Keep up the great work!
♥ Miss M & Mrs. L
Needless to say, in accordance with the above notation re: rules and routines, she got another green smiley. Still no word on volunteering, except that I'm not one of the three room moms, which is probably for the best. They're responsible for coordinating holiday parties, which I suck at. We also still don't know when her parent teacher conference is. 


We did find out for sure what her new poem is: 


October

In October I'll be host
To witches, goblins,
and a ghost.
I'll serve them chicken
soup on toast.


Whoopy once
whoopy twice
whoopy chicken soup with rice.


We got her official copy of the homework for the month of October. Fun :) No, that isn't sarcasm, she loves studying and doing "school" when she gets home in the evenings, and it's nice to actually have a print out of good suggestions to go by rather than her just winging it and making things up.


And can I just say... my absolute favorite part of the day is watching my big girl hop off the bus every afternoon, and run across the yard with a great big smile. I'm so proud of her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment