Monday, October 19, 2009

Mom and Terra go to the jungle...


Part of our afternoon routine is to work with Terra with her sight words. She gets new words each Monday, today we added 'at, am, & see' and so we were working on them this afternoon. As we were were working our way through the stack of flash cards, she'd come up with a sentence with each word - unprompted.

This is a new thing, which progressed into wanting to make sentences with the actual cards. That's an adventure because the list of sight words is still pretty short, especially the nouns. So we made up a few new cards and commenced to sentence building. She actually ended up writing her own little story, which is pretty cool: I see Mom and Terra at the jungle. We see a gorilla. We love it. Three sentences is all they ask of them in Kindergarten, and not until later in the year :) My lil smarty pants!

She also got her new poem:

Five Little Apples
Five little apples lying on the floor.
I'll roll one away, and that leaves four.
Four little apples hanging on a tree,
I'll pick one off, and that leaves three.
Three little apples, I know what to do!
I'll put one in my pocket and that leaves two.
Two little apples sitting in the sun.
I'll pick one up, and that leaves one.
One little apple waiting in my lunch.
I'll eat it up with a
CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!



This one is pretty intricate, and she is going to need a couple of days to work on it, but she's getting it. 


We didn't have anything to make her lunch out of this morning, so she left mad, then we realized we forgot to even send her a snack! This morning was not one of our finest shining moments lol. She survived, ate lunch at school, and was subjected to the horrors of having to eat Goldfish for snack (egads!) but we made sure to go grocery shopping and stockpile lunch supplies and snacks. Here's to hoping that Tuesday is a better day, complete with a turkey sandwich and her applesauce. (Have I mentioned she's a little finicky about what she eats?)


She got her customary green smiley, but didn't tell me a lot of details about her day - not a lot of time to though, because I had to leave (suddenly and unexpectedly) for work at 5. We're going to have to get this schedule thing worked out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment