Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thursday and Friday - it's a two-fer, 2 days late!

Boy is life with 2 jobs ad three kids busy! I'm thinking maybe weekly blogging will be more manageable, because daily blogging isn't working out so well.

Both days were green smiley days. On Wednesday Terra forgot to take her library book to school for library day, so on Thursday she got to go get a new book - a Junie B Jones chapter book, which she insists we read one chapter of each day. She's just so dedicated to school work and learning, so thirsty for knowledge, so proud of herself for every thing she learns and can share with us. It's just incredible. I hope this is her attitude towards school for the next 13 years. If it is, she'll have no trouble with her future!

On Thursday afternoon, along with her new book, she brought home a note from her teacher requesting that she bring a towel or blanket and her favorite stuffed animal. The class has been collecting gum balls for their class gumball machine - when the machine was full, the class would get a special prize. They filled it up this week and they got to have a picnic with a special snack. Terra was so excited!

Friday morning she took her stuffed poodle and her favorite blanket to school. It was overcast and there was a 60% chance of rain. Scott and I obsessed a bit about the possibility that it would rain out their picnic. She lucked out - it cleared up and the sun came out and they ate cookies in the school yard with their stuffed animals. She came home and yelled at me for not packing a snack. A.) I actually DID pack her a snack, but accidentally put it in her lunch box. B.) She didn't need a snack, the teachers provided the "special" snack they all had. But she was soooo upset with me for not packing her a snack!

I'm feeling a little out of whack - working every week night has me struggling to get time in every evening to practice her poems and sight words with her. I do not want my situation to effect her school performance, and I'm really concerned that it will over time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment