Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wow, Terra's First Day

First full day of kindergarten. Wow.

There were some issues for some reason with getting her assigned to a bus, so we drove her in. She was disappointed to be a car rider. She was just so excited to really be going, so proud to be a big girl who goes to school like her sister and brother. She was very thoughtful -- she got 3/4 of the way down the hall, stopped and turned around, making sure we saw her as she waved goodbye. We'd teased her about going to the half day of testing without saying goodbye, and she wanted to make sure she said goodbye this time.

While we were there we picked up the paperwork for me to become a classroom volunteer. There's a rigorous application process, an in-depth investigation into each volunteer's criminal and employment histories, I even had to give professional references. I got to give them some great names as business references, Cami Walker, and Daryn Kagan. That was fun lol. Anyway, I am volunteering to show my gratitude to this awesome school (several of my older children attended there as well) and to a teacher who I am extremely excited about. Hopefully, I'll be accepted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment