Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Day Before the Nest Empties

This was the last day -- the last day before my youngest laast child one went off to real live full time kindergarten that is. We attended her Kindergarten orientation, met her teacher and many of her classmates, toured the classroom, picked up the inevitable and unavoidable system required packet-of-a-million-pages, and listened to Ms Mullins talk about how she ran her classroom, her personal philosophies, the class rules, etc...

One thing that made me very happy to hear is that much of the parent-teacher communication will be done electronically, rather than on paper. No more wads and wads of newsletters, notes, pamphlets, flyers, etc... we can go to her Moodle page to see new information, find out what the homework was, etc. Very eco-friendly, and I'm glad. Truth is, that's the kind of junk that s a complete waste of paper, and of space in my house, and my garbage can. It's the kind of stuff that clutters my desk, my refrigerator - and begins, eventually to overwhelm and stress me out.

Thank you Ms Mullins for being green, it may save my sanity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment