Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Night

Well, the three day weekend was fun, except for Terra asking, "Do I have school tomorrow!?" every day! We went to the park on Saturday to reward her for all the green smilies. Man was it hot! Then we went to IHOP for dinner, where, in case you didn't know it, for the month of September, kids 12 and under eat free!

We worked a bit on her new poem "Rainbow Hair." too. It's a little longer and harder to memorize, and I assume it will require a bit more work to be able to get it down pat.

Rainbow Hair


Rainbow purple
Rainbow blue
Rainbow green and yellow too
Rainbow orange
Rainbow red
Rainbow colors on my head
Colors, colors, everywhere!
I like rainbows in my hair.

It's so cute when she repeats it with me though! We've created a Learning Wall - totally low-tech, with all of her (color coded) color words, and her number words, her poems, a clock, a calendar, etc... as she does this poem, she points at the color words. She came up with that idea, but it's really helping her with the memorization, as well as sneaking in some familiarity with her color words :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment