Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday #2

Well, it was another week full of green smilies, so we agreed to take her somewhere as a reward. I'll be danged if she didn't choose school. She asked if we could go to the school playground (not her own school though, another very close by) to play on the playground. We will oblige her, tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that she loves school so much that she wants to go even on the weekends!

I'm also looking forward to working on her new poem and things as the Moodle page is updated with her new lessons this weekend. We'll definitely work a bit on her new poem before Monday morning!

I hope I'll hear back this week about my status as a school volunteer. They do a full bacckground check, criminal and financial, check with personal references and professional references -- it's a careful investigation, and I have no idea how long it will take, or if they'll have room available for me to volunteer if I'm approved. It's a tiny school, and the parents are very involved, so they may actually NOT have a place for me to volunteer. I'll be sad if that's how it works out, but I suppose there are worse problems to have in a school

I did send in some items from the class wish list as well as extra snacks for kids who forget to bring one. I also sent the teacher a link to the interactive dolche site since it wasn't listed on her Moodle site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment